Dec 17, 2012

Peace on Earth

There have been a few things on my mind lately. The first being the Christmas season and how much there is to do and the guilt that I feel for not being able to relax, slow down, and enjoy this season. The second is all the madness that is going on in the world right now. On Friday I took the day off and generally stayed away from blogs, news, and social media. This morning I skipped watching the news which is part of our normal routine. I do not want the added stress and sadness of the world.
I don't view this as being insenstive. I know what is going on out there and it's awful. Horrible. But me thinking about it constantly is not going to help anything. It's only going to make me depressed and even more stressed and guilty.
I was reading in Luke 2 last night in preparation of Christmas. The following verses stuck out to me:
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,

14 "Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!"[c]

There were horrible things happening at that time in the world as well. But the angels praised God anyway and asked for peace on earth. I think that's what we should do as well. Glory to God and on earth peace amongst those whom he is pleased.

No comments: