Jul 7, 2014

Garden Update Monday

Whoops. It's been nearly a month since my last update. Bad blogger!

Here's what things are looking like this week:






My potatoes in the bed have been attacked by some vicious critter and I need to put more seven dust on them.


The cucumbers have formed a wall.


On the right hand side of the garden I really need to finish planting carrots... or at least plant something else in the bed.  Tomatoes are growing. I attempted to help support the Jet Star tomatoes along the fence and it's just a crazy mess right now. A cherry roma tomato in front of it is growing up against it and it's hard to tell them apart at times. I did harvest two jet start tomatoes last week!


Baby cherry roma tomatoes. I love this shape!


The left side of the garden is also producing. Peppers in the left bed. I picked four this morning. Basil is finally doing well in the center bed. Behind the last row of basil I planted a broccoli plant. It's tiny right now and nothing to look at.  Cucumbers taking over the world to the right. We've harvested at least a dozen so far.


My little fig tree is growing like crazy! Soon I'll need to plant it in the front yard. The lemon tree is behind it and is doing well.


The back bed is finally coming alive!


Pictured in this mess is a Jerusalem artichoke leaning in the back left, several Cherokee purple tomato plants, and lima beans. In the front is an apple mint and strawberries. The lima beans have become somewhat bushy and aren't really climbing right now. There also aren't any beans yet. I planted these last year and they were late bloomers.  No blooms yet on the tomatoes.


I think this is the Italian heriloom tomato. The one in the back has not grown one centimeter since I planted it.


Green beans are climbing like crazy. I think we'll start seeing some beans in the next week or two.


I can't remember which tomato type this is now that I'm inside. All three are doing really well. Although no blooms yet. I'm just happy they are growing though.  In front is my cilantro plant that went to seed. Whoops.


It's kind of hard to see in this picture but two out of three of these tomatoes were viciously attacked by hornworms. I think one will make it, the other one probably won't. Soybeans in the back. I will harvest a handful of edamame in the next week or so!


My bucket potatoes are doing fine. I topped them off with dirt the other day. The big trashcan needs more dirt, but I didn't feel like messing with it the other day.


At the front of the house the blackberries are doing well. I'm harvesting a handful nearly every other day. Soon we'll have enough for cobbler!

Bryan came home with a ginormous bag of coffee grounds from Starbucks and now I'll spend the rest of the day figuring out what to do with them.

What's happening in your garden?

No comments: