Aug 6, 2012

Cookbook Review: The New Orleans Cookbook by the Collins

Out of the handful of cookbooks I've tried this summer, this was one of my favorites. It might be because of my fondness for New Orleans and its food, or it could be that I finally succeeded in making a roux!

Here's what I made:

Creole Jambalaya - apparently if I don't make jambalaya often enough Bryan starts getting punchy. This was delicious and satisfied his jambalaya craving for a little while.

Shrimp Stew - first successfuly roux! It took a long time to cook, but Bryan liked it. I cannot remember what this was like. Oops.

Steak with New Orleans style Butter sauce - yummmmmm

Sauteed Broccoli with rosemary - delicious. I often cook broccoli steamed, it was nice to have a change.

Braised Okra - I love okra, but had never had it braised. It was delicious and super fast to make.

No comments: