Aug 3, 2012

Cookbook Review: Centre St. Cookery

During the week that my parents and brother were at the beach, I thought it only appropriate to cook from the cookbook I got there last summer. Not that we can get the freshest of seafood in Memphis like you can on the Island, but it was a nice change of pace.

Here's what I made:

Crab Soup - My mom makes crab bisque when at the beach and its my favorite thing. This was a nice, hearty soup. I liked that it used half and half which made it a tad thicker than most bisques.

Bourbon Sweet Potatoes - Bryan insisted that I make these. There was a significant amount left over that got thrown in the trash. It was okay, just not my cup of tea. I've never been a big fan of sweet potatoes.

Amelia Island Boiled Shrimp - Good. There's nothing like fresh shrimp in the summer.

The Best Chicken Dish in the World - not appropriately named. It was fine, just not the best chicken dish in the world.


I still have a recipe marked to try, but its a cocktail. 1 can of frozen pink lemonade, 1 can pineapple juice, 1 juice can of tequila and crushed ice. What could go wrong?

No comments: