Jun 20, 2012

Faithful

I've been going through a pretty rough time lately.

You know that song where they say something like "mama said there'd be days like these"? Its been reverberating in the back of my head for about 3 months now. Mama never said there would be days like these. Nothing like them.

One of the things I've found frustrating is that in everything I've been through neither my parents, Bryan's parents or Bryan has ever given me permission to take the easy way out. I've looked for it, almost begged for it at times. It infuriated me to no end that my parents would show no sign of the ridiculousness that I've been living through for the last six months. They've acted like its part of life.

And they're right. A few years ago I went through what was previously the most difficult period of my professional career. (I know I'm not even in my 30s and that is probably a very over dramatic statement, but I'm sticking to it. When lawyers are involved its a "difficult period." Death is now added to the list of things that qualify as difficult.) They initially didn't believe me as I told what had unfolded on that day. Even through the aftermath they never showed signs of the unjustness that I was being put through.

Now as I'm smack dab in the middle of another bizarre experience they are just the same as they were five years ago. And I'm thankful for it.

God got me through the last debacle and I know he'll get me through this one.

No comments: