Dec 29, 2016

2017 Goals, and a recap of 2016

I love making goals! The only thing I look forward to at new years time is goal setting. I'm a bit of a dork.

Let's first look back at my 2016 goals:

Reading: I failed spectacularly at this one depending on how you look at it. I wanted to read around 50 books, but the real goal was to get my to-read list to dwindle down. That did not happen. To-Read count is close to 90 now.  That's not really a problem though. My Goodreads profile if you want to follow along.

Food: Last year I wanted to up my breakfast game. Eh, I did okay. I started trying more breakfast casseroles for a little while. This was nice, especially since I would try to make them for Saturday morning. But I sort of fell off the bandwagon. Charlie's breakfasts are pathetic.

Marriage: I wanted to do 12 date nights during the year. I didn't keep a close watch on this, but I'm pretty sure I succeeded. Keeping this one the same.

Exercise: I didn't have a plan for the year, other than do more and participate in a 30 day yoga challenge in January. I did really well at the beginning of the month, but by the middle I got hit with a bad cold and then a sinus infection and had to take some time off.  I am proud to say that I've been doing better at exercising regularly. I try to do a walk/run or yoga two to three times a week, with the goal of exercising in some form four to five times a week. I'm not perfect and this week has been a total lapse as I'm struggling with another cold.

For 2017:

Reading: Setting my Goodreads challenge at 52 again. Not working about to-read counts. I've come across several great reading challenges, but I don't think I'm going to commit to one. If I get stuck in a rut they will be my fall back. I do love the idea of challenging yourself to read broader and smartly. (If you are looking for a reading challenge: Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge, a Christian Reading Challenge)

Food: I've really enjoyed reading and cooking through cookbooks. So this year I'd like to cook through at least 6 cookbooks. Trying at least 10 recipes from each book. I'll report back here.

Marriage: 12 Date nights, at least once a month.

Exercise: Continue on trying to exercise in some capacity 4-5 times a week. Yoga with Adriene is doing another 30 day challenge that I might take.

House: With the new house there is so much I want to do. For the first part of the year I've got several goals:

  • Master bathroom phase 1: paint the room and replace avocado green fixtures (toilet roll holder, tooth brush holder, and sink dish). 
  • Paint guest bedroom, install crown molding
  • Make and install two raised beds in the backyard
  • Make and install a countertop for the laundry area.
Religious: our Sunday school is reading through the whole Bible this year and Bryan and I will be participating again. I'm looking forward to what the Lord is going to show us this year. 

So there you go. It's out there in the world now. 

I hope you have a very happy New Year! 

No comments: