Nov 11, 2012

Thankful weekend

I forgot to post the last few days. So here goes thanks and partial weekend update.

Friday: thankful for comfort food and beer.
We were to Central BBQ and finally tried the nachos with their house made potato chips. I'm a very lucky girl to live in a city were we take the most unhealthy food, make it more unhealthy yet more delicious and then find ways to make it more unhealthy. Gotta love it.

Saturday: thankful for our Roux.
Part of the reason we wanted a dog at this particular time was to keep me company as Bryan travels. We dropped Bryan off early Saturday morning and were pretty busy bees all day. She's turned out to be one of the best dogs ever. She hasn't gotten into anything or destroyed anything. Is house trained and doesn't beg. Loves to cuddle.

Saturday I spent a lazy hour reading my new Young House Love book while finishing coffee and waiting for the paint store to open. We painted for several hours and made some good progress in the bathroom. Had lunch with my parents and went to Memfix at Crosstown. I shopped at Midtown Nursery and Palladio's holiday open house. Amazingly after a 5:30 wake up call I still had energy and did some cleaning. Roux and I cuddled while watching tv til we couldn't keep our eyes open any more.

No comments: