Dec 12, 2011

New Orleans December trip

Bryan had to go to New Orleans for a sales meeting for a few days. Since it was the weekend of my birthday, Bryan sweetly suggested that I fly down to meet him and we'd make a long weekend of it. We also scored a great deal on a swanky hotel from Living Social.



Saturday we started out with breakfast at Cafe du Monde followed by some French Quarter walking around. We went to Cochon for lunch and then viewed the Christmas parade on Canal.







For my birthday we went to Commander's Palace for Sunday brunch.





Afterwards we checked into the Royal Sonesta to cash in on our Living Social deal. Bryan was being a stinker to me as usual and when I mentioned it was my birthday and he should be nice to me, the receptionist upgraded us to a suite!






Our favorite feature was the private balcony over the Quarter.













Other highlights include architecture enjoyment, food, a rum distillery tour, and holiday decorations.

No comments: