May 3, 2017

Laundry Room Countertrop

In the new (how long can I keep saying that?) house we have a laundry area between the kitchen and the half bath. It is sort of in our pantry, mud room, garage entrance area. I don't mind it being in the open so much, but I've always wanted to put a counter over our washer and dryer so that we can use the space more effectively. Soooo many things had fallen behind the washer. 

Here's what we were working with. See how we liked to store things on top? 



We needed to find a work around the water hookups and the electrical outlet. 

I pinned a bunch of images and had an idea in my head. Fortunately, Bryan was patient enough to see out my vision. 

First up a trip to Lowe's where we purchased this:  








We also purchased crown molding for the guest bedroom that day. 


Bryan and I installed 2x4's to be the support. 


Make sure you tell the Lowe's employee the right measurements. Doh!

Another trip to Lowe's we got the right size board cut. 


This is post staining, pre poly.


And here she is! 



After taking these photos we decided that the counter was too pretty to store our recycling, so it's been bumped to the garage. 

I definitely need to work on styling, but we are so so happy with the finished results. The cost was around $70 total. Not bad for such a large counter. 

No comments: