Jan 26, 2017

Cookbook Review: My Father's Daughter by Gwyneth Paltro

My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & TogethernessMy Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness by Gwyneth Paltrow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Last year I cooked through GP's latest cookbook It's All Easy and was surprised by how much I loved it. For Christmas this year I asked for that book as well as her others. I started with this one and haven't even looked at It's All Good just yet.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed. It is not as good as It's All Easy, but it's not a waste. I've cooked some good things and I still have several recipes I've marked to try soon. Here's what I cooked and what I thought:

Miso Soup, p 50 - didn't enjoy. It was not as good as my favorite miso soup at our favorite restaurant.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup, p. 54 - good. I'd been craving broccoli cheese and was happy to find it here.
Stir fried chicken, p. 157 - really good. My husband loved it.
Sole a la grenoblaise, p. 162 - my fish fell apart while cooking, but the flavor was good and the recipe easy enough.
Sauteed greens with onions and soy sauce, p 190 - great
Roasted Cauliflower, p 191 - alright, not super
Maple dijon roasted winter vegetables, p 194 - great, will definitely make this again.
Pecan Butterballs, p 257 - a total failure for me.
Granola - great, have been putting on my cereal and overnight oats.

Like I said before, there are still many sticky notes with recipes I want to try soon. This is a good book, but not an essential to your collection. 




View all my reviews

No comments: