Sep 26, 2013

Off the Hoof Burgers

Ever since BMB gave Off the Hoof the first 5 star burger of the Memphis area I've been dying to go. Jenna and I had talked about going on numerous occasions. But a trip out to Arlington isn't just something we're up for on a regular weeknight or even weekend night. So when we were pondering what to do with ourselves on Saturday morning it became perfectly obvious that Saturday lunch would be the perfect time to make the drive out to Arlington. That and I'd been craving a cheeseburger all week. (Just ask Bryan. I'd been randomly saying cheeseburger all week like I had touret's.)

Arlington is about a 35 minute drive from Midtown. It's not a terrible drive, mostly interstate. We arrived about 11:30 am and were the first customers of the day.



They offer many different kinds of burgers, but I wanted to go with the classic. I ordered the Pat LaFrieda Chopped Burger, just as BMB did.

But first we started off with frickles.



Besides the cutesy name, they were probably the best fried pickles I've ever had. Served with ranch they were crispy and delicious.



The burgers arrived. Heck yes.



The Pat LaFrieda Chopped Burger comes with a croissant type bun. It was layer-y like a crossant but I didn't taste it much.

The burger was probably the juiciest I've ever eaten. So moist! However I was a little disappointed in the taste. It was fine, but a little bland. Certainly an excellent burger, but not my favorite.

Jenna ordered the Elk Burger (which I failed to take a picture of). It was juicy and flavorful. If I were to go back I'd probably order that instead of the regular burger.

So? Was it worth it? Yes, for the fried pickles (I won't type frickles again out of self respect). The burgers deserve some respect, but Alex's still remains my favorite burger. I should also mention they have a mean sweet tea in big go-cups.

No comments: