May 13, 2013


Life has been sort of busy lately and I haven't really be out of town since before I started at Crye-Leike. Since OCTOBER. This is totally unacceptable in my book. I was getting a bit stir crazy. Bryan booked a beach trip. 

We arrived Thursday in time to grab some lunch at Cafe Karibo. Then we went to the harbor to buy us some seafood. 

The weather was delightful. Not. It rained from the time we landed until Sunday late morning. 

Friday night we had dinner at Lulu's and walked around. I had heard there was going to be a Pirate Invasion at 9:30 followed by fireworks. 

There was no way in hell I was going to miss a Pirate Invasion. I mean, come on! How many Pirate Invasions do you get to witness in your lifetime. Not many. I had unreasonably high expectations. I don't really know what I was expecting, something more along the lines of those zombie walks down S. Main. 

This is what a pirate invasion looks like. (I'm using lower case now because that is all that it deserves.) Some sort of acted out skirmish on stage, followed up by the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack played over the loud speaker and some gun fire over the water. 

Pirates on the water. 

There were a ton of people downtown. Most were not amused. 

Fun story: There were a ton of people around like I said. Most were just waiting for the fireworks to start. I saw a family move away from a prime spot and it looked like they were leaving so I moved in to take the space. But apparently they were not leaving and the grandma bitched me out. For the record: I do not push kids out of the way and take their fireworks watching spot. If fireworks watching spots are abandoned they are up for grabs in my books. Sorry suckers. Only not really because bitchy grandma then pushed me out of the way. 

Fire works were fine. It was cool seeing them over the harbor. 

I eagerly anticipated Sunday... there was a forecast of sun! Sun!!! This is what I woke up to: 
Hm... at least its not raining.

It ended up being a nice enough day despite the beach fleas. I got to spend a few hours on the beach. 

We went to dinner at Sliders's, which was regrettable. But we took some nice pictures! 

This is my natural state. No make up, no brushing of the hair. I'm not sure if its working or not. 

Some kind strangers offered to take our picture. We finally have a picture of us on vacation. together. This is a first.

Monday morning, also known as the day we had to go home and the day that I cried and also the day that I got drunk on too much pirate punch, we went for a walk on the beach. 

Bryan leads the way.

TA style.

I was wearing my St. Mary's 1993 Field Day shirt and I mentioned to Bryan that I had had this shirt for twenty years and he told me not to tell anyone that. 

There were a ton of shells. 

I like him. 

Then we went downtown for lunch to make up for the terrible meal at Slider's. Then we had too much pirate punch at Palaace Saloon. Then apparently we went home. It was a blur. 

No comments: