Jun 6, 2011

Estate Sale Finds

My mom has been estate sale shopping for years and as I got older - and more interested in things one can find at estate sales - I started tagging along. Since we got married I've made it a semi-regular habit of checking out the latest sale on the weekends.

I thought I'd share a few things I picked up this past weekend.


Original painting. Not sure what I'm going to do with this. Maybe give it as a gift. (Sarah, do you like it?)


Original painting by Dot Halliday. I think it might be unfinished, but I still love the colors.


I love love love this painting. I just don't know where I'm going to put it.


Vintage ornaments. I'm starting to collect vintage Christmas ornaments. Can't wait to break them all out this December.


Cookbooks! I adore picking up Junior League cookbooks from towns across the South. One of these is from Vicksburg complete with menus for meals for any Southern occasion. The other is from Las Passe in Memphis. I think my mom has this and I remember seeing it growing up.

Do you shop at estate sales?

No comments: